Then we should be talking about .450's instead of .452's. crazy

Sure it is, when it's actually 80%. Show me a commercial cast .45 bullet with an 80% meplat. Beartooth has a few. Ya know that big, bad 365gr Garrett load? It's .335". Yes, the .45 is bigger, if it's bigger. That's the problem, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. When it's not, there no difference between the two. The .44 still penetrates better. Why ignore that point?

I don't know how significant two anecdotal examples are. I've shoot deer with a .54cal that reacted the same way as those shot with a .250. So what?

Admit it, you made up your mind about this a long time ago and won't be swayed. I don't have any 'need' to believe one way or another. I'm just looking at the facts. You .45 fans seem to really NEED to believe the Linebaugh rhetoric.

Originally Posted by jwp475
The difference between 44 and 45 bullets is about like the difference between 45 and 475, is that not a step up with a bigger hammer or not?

This is why I don't like arguing with you, I have to repeat myself and you never reply to a comment you don't like. I've addressed this many times, including my last post. The .475 is a significant step up in bullet weight, velocity and pressure. Hard to argue that a 430gr .475 at 1350fps is not a "bigger hammer" than a 360gr .45 at 1050fps.

Whereas the .44 and .45 use bullets the same weight at the same velocity and the .45 is only 'sometimes' larger in diameter. It's real hard (unless you have ulterior motives) to argue that a 360gr .45 at 1050fps is a "bigger hammer" than a 355gr .44 at 1130fps. Not when the .45 is slightly larger in diameter (0.015") but the .44 penetrates deeper. Smells like a wash to me.