So, no response on the comment that the .44 is a better penetrator, which is contradictory to what you always claimed?

Seyfried and others always believed the .475 was a better killer than the .500, because it penetrated better. Doesn't that contradict your position?

Originally Posted by jwp475
Since you brought up game, what large game have you taken?

Don't deflect, answer the question. How long has it been since you discarded the .44? The 1980's??? On what experience do you base your judgement of the .44? Admit it, you made up your mind a long time ago and won't be swayed, regardless of the facts.

Doesn't matter if your bullet starts out at .431" it will be swagged down to the 429 diameter of the revolver when fired through the barrel.

Like I said, then you should be calling them .450's, rather than .452's. As if it matters.

I fail to see why you ignore bore diameter and act as if it doesn't matter. You fail to admit that 400 +grain Bullets exist for 44 and 45 caliber negating what you called a significant weight advantage for the 475/500's. Whitworth used the Garrett 45 cott 400 grain in 45 colt on Asian buffalo. It worked but not better than the 365 Garrett.

Because 355-360gr is the balance point. The heaviest bullets that see any benefit. Even Linebaugh and Seyfried will tell you that.

.452 is still larger than .429 always has been and always will be. Diameter matters on large game believe it of not. You don't believe me, Whitworth or anyone else, but that doesn't change the facts that and that is .452 is larger than .429

Who said diameter didn't matter? This whole argument is about diameter. You just refuse to look at the actual dimensions of the actual bullets on the market and keep droning on about 80% meplats. Or are you now changing your tune? Does bullet diameter matter now, rather than just meplat diameter?

I think perception is a funny thing. I think people see what they want to see. If you really believe that such a tiny difference in diameter makes a noticeable difference in the effect these bullets have on game, nothing will stop you from seeing it.

Exactly, larger is larger no matter what!

Of course, even when it isn't!