Originally Posted by CraigC
That's brilliant! You're going to use cartridges loaded to 1.760" or 1.770" in a cylinder that's 1.7"? Allowing for a 0.060" rim, you're either right at the end of the cylinder or 0.010" over. And what are you dong for a crimp groove? Because if the bullet moves at all it's going to tie up the gun. That is, if you can even get it chambered.

And since when is a six-shot Ruger Blackhawk safe for 38,000CUP? Are you refuting Linebaugh's 32,000CUP limit? Or will you just go to any and all lengths to prove me wrong? You're not doing a very good job. You're grasping and you aren't very well prepared.

Been loading my 45 colts loads to the same overal length of my 454 load since the mid 80's works like a charm.

Why do you not comprehend that it shows that will equal pressure the 45 runs away from the 44, at lower pressure the 45 colt keeps up with the 44 show the ballistic advantage.
The accept load today is 30,000 psi, I personally would have no qualms useing 40,000 psi loDs but would never recommend them on a forum or to just anyone.
Oh, I've known John Linebaugh since 1986 and talked with him yesterday.

Last edited by jwp475; 06/21/16.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first