Originally Posted by jwp475
No, your experience on big game with the cartridges I question is no deflection, it's very relavent. Since you never answer the question one must assume the experience is none..

Argue on but you can't make a .429 larger in diameter than a .450 your answers are of biblical proportions and still don't make a logical conclusion.

And I can assume by your lack of an answer that you have not used the .44Mag in years, if ever. You don't have to assume. I have no problem sharing my answer but I asked you first.

My experience and yours for that matter, have no bearing on meplat diameter.

My main point is that one cannot automatically assume that the .45 is always, universally larger than the .44. Bullet diameter doesn't mean squat. The meplat is the only important dimension and despite the rhetoric, the .45 is not always bigger. This is undeniable fact. Even among bullets that are seemingly the same design. Folks are free to decide for themselves how much it matters.

The meplat on that 365gr Garret load is .335". Are you saying it's STILL more effective than a similar .44 load with a .345" meplat? By what means, wishful thinking???