Originally Posted by CraigC
So now you're comparing .44Mag data to .454Casull??? Yeah, dummy, you increase powder capacity even further and run at the same pressure, it's rather intuitive that velocity is going to go up. Linebaugh wrote the same sort of nonsense. Only problem with that is that the .45Colt can't run at the same pressure unless it's in a five-shot or a Redhawk. How about we actually compare the two cartridges in question instead? With the velocities I recorded from actual guns with 4 5/8" barrels in parenthesis.

.44Mag 355gr - 18.8gr H110 - 1245fps (1130fps) - 38,000CUP
.45Colt 360gr - 21.0gr H110 - 1151fps (1060fps) - 28,300CUP

In Hodgdon's data, the .44 gets 100fps higher velocity. In my testing, the .44 got 70fps higher velocity. So apparently, that added pressure is actually doing something. You're an idiot if you think that the .45Colt handles heavy bullets better, or handles heavier bullets. It doesn't. Fact, not opinion.

No I am not the dummy here. As I explained in a previous post when loaded to the same overall length which I do as well as others with heavy bullets ther is no difference in case capacity between the 2 cases. The pressure data clearly shows that the load in question is well within the pressure that is acceptable for reloading Ruger only loads

When loaded to the same overall length the base of the bullet is the same distance from the case head, thus the same capacity.

If there is a "dummy" here it sure isn't me, try looking in the mirror to discover identity.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first