Originally Posted by CraigC
You can state "like bullet" all day long but admit it, most people assume that the .45 is automatically, effectively larger. My point is that one should ass-u-me nothing. You have to look at individual bullet dimensions.

The .45 is slightly larger in diameter and the .44 penetrates better. To me, that is a wash. Any difference seen on game is wishful thinking.

Everything should be kept in perspective. If their results were valid today we wouldn't be having this discussion. Anyone reading the Linebaugh articles can see the clear bias for the .45Colt. From someone who makes a living building .45Colt's, not .44Mag's. People come away believing all manner of fiction. Thinking that the .45Colt exceed .44Mag performance at less pressure. That the .45 will have less recoil. That the .45 is better with heavy bullets or handles heavier bullets. All bogus. Modern bullets in modern loads effectively level the playing field.

I don't assume I qualified my statements ive always same style, same material and meplat percent.

Their results are valid yet here we are. If you completely understand what they are saying, none of it is bogus.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first