Good Lord man, talk about taking a comment WAAAAY out of context. You are arguing against a point I never made or even implied. The context is right there in the statement you quoted.

As I said, not implied, the pressure difference between the two is meaningless. It nets the shooter nothing. There is not less recoil or muzzle blast. Comparable loads are comparable in both areas. I cannot tell a lick of difference between the two. I noticed this the first time I lit off a "Ruger only" load in a Vaquero. Even if there was a difference, it would be VERY subtle and I'm pretty sure if you can handle a load out of one, you can handle the other. How do I know this? From taking the Pepsi challenge. Shooting two identical Rugers, one right after another, with the comparable loads listed below. Not because I have an agenda, not because of wishful thinking, not because I needed one conclusion over the other. From objective testing. When I set about this testing, I did everything I could to remove all variables possible. The two guns in question are the same length and were worked over by the same gunsmith at the same time. The only difference is one started life as a Bisley Vaquero, the other a Super Blackhawk. I was looking for the truth and would've accepted any outcome. Can you say the same? Do you even for one second consider that I might have a valid point? From my perspective, if anyone has an agenda, it's you two.

[Linked Image]

Yes, advances in bullet design have leveled the playing field. How do I know this? It's all in print in Hodgdon's data. These are all STANDARD PRESSURE PUBLISHED LOADS from either Hodgdon or Linebaugh. If you want to look at something interesting, look at the starting loads for the .44, compare pressures and velocities to the max loads in the .45. Very, very similar. Below are the max loads tested, fired over a chronograph, on the same day.

.44 - 355gr at 1130fps
.45 - 360gr at 1060fps

.44 - 330gr at 1226fps
.45 - 335gr at 1225fps

.44 - 320gr at 1282fps
.45 - 325gr at 1241fps

.44 - 310gr at 1314fps
.45 - 300gr at 1176fps (should be closer to 1300fps)

.44 - 300gr XTP at 1156fps
.45 - 300gr XTP at 1267fps

.44 - 250gr Keith at 1296fps
.45 - 260gr Keith at 1290fps

Based on the data above, do you see ANY advantage whatsoever between the two cartridges???