The third member of our party killed the only mature bull that any of us saw in the hunting areas we had. I was into buffalo a few times, without a shot at a suitable bull. Most days we couldn't find so much as a track to follow. Evening recaps of our days were sometimes won by the guy who had seen an impala or baboon. Better than an endless string of bell wearing goats I guess. frown
I was offered a chance to up-grade my hunt to trophy elephant, which there was quota for. Now, attempting to fix their problems with liberal applications of MY money wasn't way up on my list of things to, but it was a way of pretending to hunt elephants. If I'd actually seen a big bull I would have shot it and ponyed up the dollars but unluckily didn't have to make that choice. I did have a thrilling stalk on 4 bulls that proved too small to legally shoot as a trophy. Better than nothing again, but very frustrating as these were exactly the animals that we had booked for.These were the only elephants I saw in the first 9 days.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.