Originally Posted by safariman
"I also think volumes can be read into Mark's suddenly not booking African safaris with anyone at the time. MJ"

What you can read into this is that I am still waiting for all info to come in and for other hunters to return from their trips this year to make a final determination regarding which way to go or what to do. No more, no less. ....Over and out on this topic until after I have collected more info and recon. which will come in after the safari season is over and the 3rd party folks and September and October hunters have time to respond. Nothing for me to do otherwise at the moment. I will see you all at other Africa topics and a few other forums I visit here at 24hrcf. Cheers..... MARK

I have no dog in this fight. This is tragic for the hunters involved and they have a legal right to ask for compensation/damages.

Mark may not be immune to a potential lawsuit. From what someone said, he may be partly responsible and just because he decided to temporarily close his safari booking agency just now may not absolve him of any responsibilities while he was acting as an agent.

Arguably, he still has obligations to his current clients. Further, by not making a "reasonable effort" in contacting the other hunters (his clients), given the facts that he has acknowledged that he is now aware of, he may be opening himself to possible legal damages should they have a similar experience and read this on the internet or find out somehow. Either way, it's morally ethical to at least advise these people of what they may be facing soon. Maybe a real lawyer can make a few statements but this is what may be.

Originally Posted by safariman
...Nothing for me to do otherwise at the moment.
BULLCRAP!