Originally Posted by Stetson
Originally Posted by shakari

How about you? - Perhaps you could tell us what personal experience you have of Africa, it's hunting and it's hunting industry that makes you so very sure you know who's to blame?

US booking agents are supposed to hold the funds until after the hunt. This is why they get a commission. This is the point of using them and not booking direct. No funds, no leverage.
The rest is just twaddle.
As far as your comments about this thread being "controlled" you have proven my point over and over.
I have little doubt that you will continue on this tact no matter what gets posted or by whome.

Wrong... All the outfits I booked for required their payments be wire transferred well before the hunts or that I deposit monies into their US based accounts. Most would not conduct the safari if not paid at least six weeks prior to the start of the safari.; too much advanced planning and expense is involved for them to take chances of not getting paid.

Some required Full Payment, then paid back my commission After the safari was completed and all fees paid by the clients.

It wasn't worth all the problems and headachs, and things slowed down greatly after 9/11, and I quit the whole thing in 2002, accordingly.

From my perspective, this was a sad thing for the clients. I like and respect Mark, but I don't believe the outfitter had his schidt together and is making excuses. For the pittance that Mark makes on these bookings, it Is Not worth the problems involved with dealing with Majority Ruled Africa...These governments have turned things into a real cluster-bleep!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”