Originally Posted by sharpsguy

If shakari thinks this is a normal way to do business, I don't think I would want to book with him, either.

+1!

The way Tim speaks about his clients is a lot less than professional. He admidts compensation was something he would have considered before theese guys complained and then later states no one told him there was a problem. I doubt many of us believe that, however I can completly understand why a hunter under theese circumstances might not confront Tim in Africa but they are surely telling him now!
We have multiple hunters from two years telling us there were problems. We have the guy in the hot seat pointing fingers and making excuses. It wasn't hard to see where this was going from the beginning.
In the end Mark and Tim are seemingly trying to dump all the problems on another guy. The questions I see for for both Mark and Tim;
If this guy was such a flaming idiot as you state then why did you employ him? Why did you send your paying clients to an UNPROVEN camp and most importantly why would Tim continue to "hold out hope" that any information from an individual that you describe as potentially having "emotional problems" might be accurate? It just doesn't add up other than to simply say IMO Tim was grossly negligent in sending theese guys to that camp.
Mark had admitted some aspects of this hunt were unacceptable. Tim is "EXTREMELY dis-satisfied
(Putting this mildly....)"
So where is the refund? How are Mark and Tim attempting to make this right? By blaming the clients?
No doubt Shakari will now try to regale us with posts ad nauseum of F this and F that in an attempt to convince us all that excuses are more than satisfactory when a hunt goes bad.
I continue to feel poorly for the guys that got burned on this deal.