You've just proved the point I was trying to make when I said 'All this will do is cause a lot of bad feeling and hyteria on this forum for no reason'.

At the risk of labouring my point, below are just a few of the things that might (note the word might) have happened to cause the situation. To make it easy, I'll number them and then I'll go onto possible solutions that might (note the word might) still occur and I'll letter those points. I'm not suggesting for a moment that any individual, group or company are to blame, nor am I intending to insult anyone. - I'm just pointing out a few possibilities and nothing more.

Also remember that the lists below wll be very incomplete and are only the ones that have sprung to my mind at the moment.

Until Mark has had time to look into it no-one knows the situation etc.

1. The original promised area might have been taken over by 'war vets' - If the guys had hunted there, they could have been prosecuted under the Lacey Act and thereby faced large fines and possibly long jail terms to say nothing of facing severe aggression from the 'new owners'. Therefore a last minute change of area might have been essential and it could be that area was the only one available.

2. The original promised area and/or camp might have suffered a severe bush fire rendering it unusable.

3. See above and replace the words bush fire with drought.

4. The GD might have closed the area, possibly at short notice for reasons such as disease etc.

5. Any of the various parties involved might have failed to (previously) pay another of the parties involved, which could have caused a late change of venue...... note, all payments have to go through the central bank and they could possibly have not paid on time.

6. Correct paperwork might for some reason have been unavailable at the last minute for the promised area or for a particular hunter etc. Remember that during the election period a Brit hunter got thrown into a Zim jail for 5 days without food or water for that very offense! - Surely a change of area would be preferable to that other option.

A. A refund of some kind might be coming from any of the parties involved.

B. A replacement hunt (either partial or total) might be coming from any of the parties involved.

C. Various court cases in various countries might be pending and debate here or elsewhere might affect those.

They're just a few possibilities and Im sure there are bucket loads more.......... and with that I'll sit back for a while and STFU and see if the forum has the maturity to adopt the policy of wait and see or if it feels the need to comment on things they know nothing about and tear the forum apart in the process.

Bye for now smile

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost