Guys, My heart goes out to you. A bad hunt anywhere is a bad memory for life. I have had a couple, both for elk in Colorado. I agree with jorge, to have one in Africa would be an absolute disaster for me--I simply can't afford it.

I was fortunate that I met Marius Van Deventer of Africa Bushveld Safaris at the Harrisburg, Pa. hunting show two years ago, and booked a PG hunt with him on the Eastern Cape of RSA for my first trip in 2007. It was outstanding in every aspect, and reasonable in price. I took seven great animals, including two kudu and both black and a blue wildebeast and a gemsbok. I went again with a friend in 2008, and we had the same great hunt. Marius has been scruplousy honest and above board and has delivered 100% on everything he has represented. He is not the middleman. You will hunt with him or one of two other PHs that have worked together for years. They have a great facility and staff, and plenty of game.

If you are contemplating a PG safari, you really should check these folks out. I am going for Cape Buffalo in 2010, and it will be with Africa Bushveld Safaris. They deliver.