Originally Posted by luv2safari

All the outfits I booked for required their payments be wire transferred well before the hunts or that I deposit monies into their **US based accounts**.

I'll stand partially corrected because this may well be the case with guys working out of their homes but it's certainly not my understanding of the way the larger outfitters work.
I think most of us would be a whole lot more comfortable if the funds were held in a US escrow account or in any US account until AFTER the hunt. The larger outfits selling hunts obviously have a lot more pull. In either event we are full circle to the fact that both Tim and Mark openly admidt it was a poor hunt. Many of the larger US outfitters warn hunters about booking like this.
Here is just one such warning;

"Use a booking agent that has actually been to the place he or she intends to send you. Also, be certain that they are a full-time professional agent, not someone who books "on the side" or as a way to hunt for free."

IF all the parties are SCI members perhaps that will be yet another avenue to persue with complaint resolution.