Originally Posted by shakari
JPK

My point is that no-one knows what happened yet, not even Mark and that it's unfair that he be crucified until he discovers what happened and takes whatever action he feels appropriate etc....... that's all. Nothing more and nothing less.....

I'm sure you know southern Africa has been suffering a well known drought for several years and you should also know that drought has affected areas very differently depending on a lot of factors such as number of waterholes and overgrazing etc. My point is WE DON'T YET KNOW.........

BTW - My short list of reasons didn't include quota at all....

Like you, I hope Mark is successful in wrangling refund money from the operator.

Sharari,

First off, I gotta good kick out of your post prior to the one responsing to mine... [bleep]' funny post,,hahaha...!!!

On other issues, hey I'm not crucifying Mark, only the outfitter.

Nothing like a drought or a change in allowed quota, or probably anything beyond his control changed between his selling the hunt, taking the money and then renegging on his obligations. Furthermore, he went on to collect money at the conclusion of the safari, rather than stand hat in hand appologetically handing back refunds. Which is what a fair and straight up guy would do. FU's happen, how you fix them is what counts. This guy swindled money.

And if something beyond the outfitter's control changed, he should have cancelled the hunt and refunded the money, or if it happened mid-hunt done all he could to make things right, like a change to a decent area and/or a refund. BTW, hope like hell the fellows who shot an ele in a Zim park are not prosecuted under the Lacey Act. Even though these hunts are being offered the violate the Zim game laws.

Selling quota you don't have or acquire, for hunts in areas you either don't have or haven't arranged for is just wrong and is a form of theft.

JPK