Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

If your numbers are as correct as you think they are: 3,305 vaccine deaths out of 100,000,000 vaccinated or 234,000,000 doses given.
Equals .0033% chance of a fatality from the vaccine.

Vaccine adverse effects are usually calculated per dose, so this means 3305/234,000,000 = 0.000014% fatality rate (putative).

Keep in mind that "vaccine deaths" are recorded in much the same manner as COVID deaths, which is to say there is probably some fudging of the numbers, depending on the agenda of the person relating the tally.

The self-styled rocket scientists on this thread who do arithmetic and call it mathematics aren't worth taking the time to respond to for a lot of reasons, not the least of which because they have refused to grasp the simple fact from the outset that adverse outcomes from any vaccine are expected. Vaccines are always a calculated gamble of risks vs benefits. People take a risk any time they take a vaccine for any illness, and it's usually a very small risk for a potentially great gain. The preliminary trials showed an acceptable level of risk to benefit. So far, the clinical results are bearing that out. Only time will tell how great a benefit it will confer on the human population worldwide, but I'm betting it will be pretty large.

Using alarmist stories from antivax activist sources, as a lot of folks are doing both here and all over social media, does not constitute sharing of information. It is merely the mindless repitition of propaganda.

But as I said, it's pretty much pointless to argue with these folks. Their minds are made up. I'm enjoying the pics of hunting and shooting activities a lot, though.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars