Originally Posted by JoeBob

I never realized you were condescendingly smarmy as you are.

I realize I'm not a lawyer, so my smarmy isn't up to courtroom standards, but I try. (JK, counselor.) But seriously, you might could try dialing back your own attitude a bit, if you want folks to not give you attitude back.

Extremely unlikely that influenza would disappear as it apparently has.

Negative. It didn't disappear, we saw cases all through flu season. Just not very many of them. It's still there, and it will be back. Bank on it.

But it will, eventually, disappear. All viruses do.

And no, I haven’t alleged a human conspiracy. I can think of an easy reason why it would appear to be so. And doubly so since the number of Covid cases almost exactly matches what you would expect to see in a heavy flu year.

I'm not sure I alleged you were alleging a human conspiracy, but plenty of others are, as you know.

As I briefly discussed earlier, the appearance is consistent with the concept of an ecological balance of respiratory virus species, which all compete for the same sub-population of human hosts that are susceptible to infection. Since the vast majority of people who die of influenza each year are in poor baseline health, and this is the population that ALL respiratory viruses compete for, it makes sense that this population would be the ones dying from CoV2 recently. and will die from in the next wave in the USA this winter.

Last edited by DocRocket; 05/04/21.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars