I just got back. Yesterday evening, Keith and I passed through tornado alley near Texline, TX and Clayton, NM during the middle of a tornado warning. We stopped in Texline for a few minutes to let the sky clear. We then proceeded, and got some hail. This morning, we heard from LeRoy, and met him at my house for lunch. It turns out that, inspired by rockchucker's feat of bravery that he witnessed, and harboring a longstanding desire to be a storm chaser, LeRoy went for the glory when a tornado appeared between Texline and Clayton. He apparently was a short while ahead of us during the tornado warning, and got some great pictures, some of which follow. He asked me to post them and said that he will write more when he gets a chance. He also wanted me to relay his heartfelt thanks for all of the support shown to him by all of the "guys," which certainly includes Teri and Debbie!

Not to be outdone, Keith just texted and said that a tractor trailer rig just blew over at milepost 42 about 29 miles up the road. I'll let him fill you in on that one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by Cheyenne; 05/24/10.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln