Originally Posted by rcamuglia
You really need to double check the Original Poster's Post. He is hunting deer and elk and happens to be in Grizz country.

Are you suggesting he hunt deer and elk with a .375 H&H loaded with 260 grain monometals "just in case" he runs into a bear?

Like I said, for Grizz I'd rather be toting a 12ga with an extended magazine loaded with slugs. But if I'm hunting deer and elk I'm not going to be carrying that, am I?

IME, a bullet that expands rapidly like the Berger, Nosler BT, Sierra Game King or any other like them seem to have more "knock down power" or "DRT Value" or "stopping power" even on marginal hits on game.

Having used a shotgun with slugs on a Kodiak bear during a followup through the alders at very close range I have to say I am more impressed with what it did than I should have been... I would never do it again if I have any choice in the matter. It killed a wounded 8 1/2' bear but it took a lot of shooting and shucking to get it done.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.