If you are really worried about a Grizzly Attack while hunting other game then carry a rifle and cal designed to hunt Bear with at close range, starting with the 338 and 250 gr Partitions and go up from there . I would be willing to bet if a Grizzly actually charged at butt screwing range any rifle and load would feel puny in your hands and it would be a one shot deal before the bear was chewing on you. Regardless of the bullet and cal you had better do it right the first shot. I have always been in Elmer Keith corner, Big Bullets make Big Holes where they expand or not . I believe you would be better off with penetration rather than quick expansion if you want to survive a animal the size of any bear bend on hurting you . If you hunt in Bear country use what you feel comfortable with , it is your life and your decision. If you survive or if you don't. you will still make a good story for Outdoor Life Magazine .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.