Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I am not sure where the charge thing came from, other than Steelhead gigging me. He has seen the video.

Posted by Uncle Jesse - OP. P 1.

"I've decided to hunt Elk and Mule Deer with the 155 Berger VLD out of my T3 308 this year. Everything was fine and dandy until yesterday when I was slowly walking down a two track to meet up with my hunting partner when I was startled by about a 3 year old Grizz crossing 88 yards ahead of me. The wind was blowing from 8 to 2 o'clock in front of me. I immediately halted all progress and decided to stand my ground, rifle off my shoulder.

AFAIK, the bear left without so much as a grunt but it was an uneasy 10 minutes waiting for my partner to arrive. He had to have winded me. Suddenly I felt the urge to be shooting an accubond or partition.

What say you? Should I be shooting a different bullet in Grizz country? Time to build a 338? My partner had an -06 with 180 grain Accubonds and I certainly was more confident in his load doing the job should it need to be done."

IF I understand correctly, the 'charging thing' was understood/implied as a possible event. U J was giving serious consideration as to WHICH bullet he SHOULD be using knowing that an "unexpected charge" can occur while deer/elk hunting. Such things HAVE HAPPENED.

FWIW - I'll take 458 Win's recommendation, NO ?? asked.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!