Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by toad
yes, but a few years ago, grizzlys killed two hunters in Montana in two separate incidents because the bear was shot. in both cases, the bear was shot by hunters thinking it was a blackie and followed into the brush.

if you have to shoot one, you better kill it

Probably because they shot them with Barnes that penciled. LOL

I really can't believe I have to explain my post. Well, on second thought considering some involved, I do.

See the "LOL" at the end of the sentence? That means I'm Laughing Out Loud at the joke I made. I got it, but then again, I'm weird. laugh

The story about the dude who shot the antelope with the 180 TSX twice and it still got away is fact, no matter if you want to believe it or not, I couldn't give a good schit. See that's where my above post comes in. I can picture the Barnes X bullets penciling and the bear running into the bush just like the antelope (those antelope are really tough to kill cool), and the guys hunting running into trouble when they go in after him.

Why? Cuz it seems to happen with Barnes bullets more than any other in stories I hear first hand from friends who guide as well as many threads here on the 'Fire.

BTW those pictures of Barnes bullets are taken from the "Barnes Bullets For Elk" thread.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8150858/11

They didn't expand and penciled. They were posted by Shrapnel and his buddy Joshf303. They both said after that they pulled all the Barnes bullets and got rid of them. They'll never shoot another. Fotis also posted pics on the same thread of 4 Barnes X bullets that didn't expand.

Some of you also think that I believe that THE ONLY BULLET to shoot at a grizz is a Berger. Nothing could be further from the truth. While I think that most bullets will work just fine, I think the Berger will too.

This thread is kinda like a .223 deer thread where all the proponents say it's all about "placement" and all the naysayers say you need a bigger caliber. My views have changed on that as well.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.