Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
........ Certainly who uses a particular product isn't determined by a thorough logical determination, but rather a heuristic and emotional process. That is why marketing works so well, and why propaganda works so well. Humans are far from rational, and in the final analysis, what we have confidence in has far more an effect on the outcome than anything factual.

I don't know about any body else...but I never chose a bullet based on emotion...I picked them based on what they would do,once I had seen them perform on game animals.In other words, I didn't start shooting Partitions and Bitterroots years ago for reasons associated with advertising.

All the confidence in the world does not change thin,brittle jackets not tapered and designed for controlled expansion,weight retention,and penetration,and brittle antimony cores; all housed in C&C designs not built to withstand high impact velocities.The 150 gr 30 caliber bullet never much impressed me with tits penetration abilities....even Partitions and the ony one i would trust based on reputation is a Barnes. But I never used them or the 308 for anything but range time.

If you get that "shattered glass ball" effect at close range and the bullet fails to penetrate through whatever it is you hit,and it could very well be the difference between killing what you are shooting, and a splash wound,which is something you don't want.

Emotion doesn't have a damned thing to do with it....not for me. wink smile

rcamuglia if you want the "crunch",along with weight retention,good frontal area expansion,and enough dependable penetration (without that disintigration on the shoulder with no part of the bullet making it to vitals,piss poor bullet performance IMHO),try a Swift Aframe or Northfork. They are much like Bitterroots. You'll turn a grizzly's insides to jelly and likely blow a hole in him as well,depending on the angle.Seen it.

Not ALL premiums expand slowly and make small wound channels. wink smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.