Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'm trying to follow the logic here.....because Barnes have sometimes penciled, we therefore shoot Bergers into incoming grizzlies? sleep

I guess there's nothing else out there except those two, huh? wink grin

Some of these bullet conversations get ridiculous.

I agree, Bob, some of these bullet threads are ridiculous. There is a lot of ridicule going on. I think they get absurd too, because people with no experience with a given bullet on a given size of animal wax authoritatively about why it won't work, can't work, and how it is dangerous to consider. All the while, others with experience are denigrated. When opposing viewpoints reach for hyperbole, nothing new is learned.

I find myself wondering what a discussion would look like if somebody asked, "Hey I've got an '06 loaded with 220 Partitions and I'm going after coastal Browns in heavy cover. Is this a good combo?"

I keep wanting to go back to the original question. There is no bear hunting happening. Nobody should be pursuing bears without a proper permit. Prevention from bear attack is the goal. Stopping an aggressive bear may be required, but the chances are slim. The question was centered on whether a particular gun, bullet would achieve this, if required. It has been redirected repeatedly, which is usual, and the discussion has been interesting, but I notice that we still find the pro- and anti-Berger camps.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.