Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'm trying to follow the logic here.....because Barnes have sometimes penciled, we therefore shoot Bergers into incoming grizzlies? sleep

I guess there's nothing else out there except those two, huh? wink grin

Some of these bullet conversations get ridiculous.

Bob,

Remember the OP was about deer and elk hunting in Grizzly country. If we follow the logic to the conclusion then some here propose we only hunt deer and elk, while in Grizzly country, with cartridges and bullets ideal for close range encounters with wounded Alaskan Brown Bears.

My position is that I will use a bullet/cartridge that is ideal for deer and elk but would, in my opinion, be adequate for Grizzly defense.

Originally Posted by ChipM
No dog in this fight and no offense John Burns, but I'm with Phil Shoemaker on this one.

ChipM,

No offense taken. A guy, the OP, asked a question on the internet. I gave my opinion.

My opinion was based on having seen 1 grizzly killed with a Berger VLD, personally killing a Grizzly with a Berger VLD, and hunting deer and elk with Berger VLDs in Grizzly country.

Lots of others also posted opinion. Some opinions, such as Phil's, were well reasoned, compelling and based on extensive real world experience. Other opinions were bases on the poster proclivity to doing "Korean dudes". blush

I really don't take offense from somebody who simply do not agree with me on a Hunting forum. Seems like the discussions might get pretty dull. grin

Originally Posted by Steelhead
In summary apparently John Burns wants me to do his wife, but I ain't into Korean dudes.

It's 3 AM in the morning and this is what is ratting around in your brain? Tough time sleeping?

Yeah, that's not the slightest bit creepy. crazy crazy

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.