Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by DBT
Not to say that something that we may call ''God'' does not exist, but what is the evidence that supports a justified belief in any form or version of God?

You wouldn't have to ask that question if you would honestly open your heart and seek God. the evidence is in the knowing and experiencing which will never be seen by an unbeliever. Billions of believers over the past 6000 years should at least give you enough evidence to seek and find out for yourself.

I know God. I talk to him daily and he talks to me. He has often told me things and later confirmed it to me just so I would know I was hearing correctly. I'm not some nut case either. I am more normal than many here if that says anything. LOL

God is real and evidence abounds if someone is so inclined to find it.

I'm asking the question from the point of view of logic and philosophy. Countless versions of 'God' have been accepted/believed throughout our history, but as there is hardly one version of God that is compatible with another, they can't logically all be true.

Most, if not all,these beliefs in this god or that god must be wrong. So if a belief in the existence of God is a matter of faith, faith alone does not appear to be a reliable foundation for a justified belief. That requires verifiable evidence.

Again, this is not to say there is no God, but it raises the question: why do we believe in the existence of a God?

So the question: what is the evidence that clearly points to the existence of God?