Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Sir Francis Crick, British scientist and Nobel Prize winning co-discoverer of the DNA double helix molecule, in his later years waxed philosophical about the origin of life.

In his book, Life Itself: Its Origin and Nature, he postulated that there had to have been original information, possibly seeded from another planet.

Yes, he did write that didn't he. And people call Christians ignorant! Professing himself to be wise, he became a fool. The argument isn't about evolution or creation, it never has been. Anyone with any intelligence at all can plainly see the purposeful design. The argument is centered around accepting or rejecting a Creator. Those who reject simply do not want to think they are accountable to anyone but their own self. Gambling with your soul is not for the faint of heart.

The bottom line, nicely summarized...

To me, I don't know how the World was created. It's above my pay grade...

One day I'll know as I am known...

In the meantime, I don't get my drawers in a wad worrying about it...

I don't feel the itch to put God in a box, understand (control) everything pertaining to Him. If anyone gets Him in their box, it isn't Him in there. He won't fit in your box, or in my box...!!

That's a major problem with religion, trying to make God fit proprietary program(s), doctrine, tradition, etc. Control can be a strong and deceptive current, pulling man down the wrong stream.

DF

Amen

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.