Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I always figured that if a prophet was the real deal, and knew what he ways doing, he would just speak clearly. No symbolism, no interpretation, just clear prophecy. Instead of different color horses and various strange beasts, they could just say "In 3000 years, a group of people known as Muslims will start all manner of chit, and make a general nuisance of themselves. Many people will die". THAT is a prophecy. If I say a bunch of stuff that might mean anything to anybody and suddenly someone links it to current events, that's really not much of a prophecy, is it? I mean, either you can see the future or you can't, why write in "code", unless you need to make sure no one can say for sure that your were wrong?

The Book of Revelations was written for Christians living in Roman times by John it is alleged who at the time was in a Roman prison. It had to be in code for the time and to get the book out of prison.

Close, but not quite.

Paul wrote from a Roman prison.

John wrote Revelation while in exile on the Aegean Sea island of Patmos. Tradition has it that after his exile, he lived in Ephesus where he died.

So, the "code" could have been the way the Lord ordained it just 'cause that's the way He wanted it written, not to slip it past Roman jailers...

DF

Either way it was written for Christians living in Roman times not for Christians living in the 21st century.

It speaks to me and I'm in the 21st century.

DF