Originally Posted by asphaltangel

Originally Posted by thin_man
I suppose the caveman that wrote genesis didn't realize the sun (created on the 4th day) was required to have "day"(created on the 1st day) and "seed-bearing plants and trees" (created on the 3rd day) because the order is obviously all wrong. Who realized photosynthesis was required at that time? He/They also apparently didn't realize the "lesser light to govern the night" was nothing more than a natural satellite reflecting sunlight.

I could be wrong, but you may be over thinking this. Have you ever believed in something that you cannot fully understand or logically explain?

Thank you Mrs. Safariman for the question. My apologies for the delay on the response.

Yes. I must admit that I have believed in things I couldn't fully understand or logically explain. Years ago when I was much, much younger, I used to believe that there was this big guy looking down over the whole world. An "eye in the sky" if you will. This all-knowing, all-seeing fellow would essentially reward those who did "good" and not reward or even punish those who did "bad". It was also in your very best interest to believe that he was real or else...you would NOT be rewarded. It never really made total sense to me, but yes, I did believe in Santa Claus for a short time.

Years later I realized it was nothing more than a behavioral control strategy. Believing that someone is alway looking is very effective at keeping those without a conscious honest.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan