The respect is mutual.

No Sir, I do not defend the atrocities that went on in the name of any religion and especially not Christianity. The dark ages were dark and the leaders during those times were... well as a Christian I do not use that language.

Neither do I believe in any of the end justifies the means kinds of trickery to try to force others to believe as I do. I refuse to follow any religion and the harsh dogmas that go along with religions. I just follow Christ as best as I can and no, I am a hell of a long way from perfect or even especially good.

As I stated in the quoted post I makes no difference to me what you believe. I disagree with you but will fight to the end for your right to freely believe as you choose and your right to state those beliefs.

You will not find me on a soap box shouting fire and brimstone. That is just not me. Nor will you find me supporting those who do.

I have a personal faith as does my wife. If you want to know about it you can ask and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability. But, if you were here right now I would probably light a campfire and pull up a couple of chairs. There would be refreshments. The subject of my beliefs in God would not come up unless you brought it up. I am pretty sure we would have a good time.

That said you aren't going to change my mind. I have my personal proof that God answers prayers in the form of a beautiful daughter born with Down syndrome. She was supposed to live for a month. I think she was four when she was Called to the Vancouver BC Children's Hosp. for tests. Positive for Down syndrome again. Around eleven years old the asked her to return for further testing. No Down syndrome. The tissue samples are still on file and they still have no explanation. She received no treatment, only prayer. I am convinced that a power much higher than any other had His hand in this. I find no other scientific explanation. I call Him God.

Hes had a hard tome in school, she worked extra hard for her As and Bs through high school and collage. Today she manages food services and housekeeping for five care facilities and is next in line for a regional management position. She is buying her own home and has done it all without government help.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!