Originally Posted by xxclaro
I always figured that if a prophet was the real deal, and knew what he ways doing, he would just speak clearly. No symbolism, no interpretation, just clear prophecy. Instead of different color horses and various strange beasts, they could just say "In 3000 years, a group of people known as Muslims will start all manner of chit, and make a general nuisance of themselves. Many people will die". THAT is a prophecy. If I say a bunch of stuff that might mean anything to anybody and suddenly someone links it to current events, that's really not much of a prophecy, is it? I mean, either you can see the future or you can't, why write in "code", unless you need to make sure no one can say for sure that your were wrong?

You would think, but that's not the way it was done. The Lord spoke in parables on purpose. Matt. 13:10-13 explains. And, much of prophecy takes similar form for the same reason.

Bottom line: it's the spiritual man vs. the natural man. Natural man cannot understand spiritual things. I Cor 2:14. Check it out.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/28/14.