As an earlier poster said, if you honestly seek and pray to know God, He promises to reveal Himself to you. That is pretty darn simple, and very non-threatening. If there's no God, you wouldn't experience any change whatsoever, and life goes on. No worries right? It's not like you signed for a car loan you can't make the payments on or had an arm taken off at the socket.

He made a promise in the Bible, ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. That's actually a guarantee.

Our way on this earth is to understand everything with our mind. God's way is to be known through your heart. He speaks to your heart. Similar to your conscience saying, "Don't steal that!", or "Pull over and help those people". God does reveal Himself, it's a guarantee to those who really want to know.

That time in my life came about 15 years ago. I had a thriving business, 10-20 employees, lots of money, was healthy, and by most worldly criteria happy. What I didn't know then is that I had people praying for my life. People that knew my life in God wasn't about all that.
I felt in my heart that there was something missing, that this was not my best life. Keep in mind, I had success as we call it here.
Long story, ended up selling most everything and traveling around some, praying for God to reveal Himself to me, if He was real. A year later I was baptised and sealed for life.
There's no explaining it, but there is living it. Usually fairly poorly in my case, but undeniably I will never be the same man I was. I am different from the inside out, not because I am strong and made my mind up to "do better" or "be different", but because God threw my old man out, and gave me new life inside. NOT perfected!! Just changed. Anybody that knew me then and knows me now, knows I'm not the same man I was.
For people that need a nudge, there are books that may help. Lee Strobles "the Case for Christ" might be one. He examines all evidence from a non-believers point of view.
Also, perhaps the biggest case can be made, if billions of changed lives aren't enough, in the written and fulfilled prophesies in the Bible. I'm pretty sure if you or I made 6 predictions we stand a pretty small chance they'd come true, even with intimate knowledge of the situation. However, I believe there's about 330 written predictions about Jesus that were fulfilled in his coming. Scholars, is that number right? Anyway, very hard to predict much of anything and be right often, but to predict hundreds and not miss one, some made hundreds of years before Jesus was alive. The description of his crucifixion was made before crucifixion was even invented.

Impossible odds, unless the Bible is true and God is who the Bible says He is.

So study if you want, ask if you want to know, but why bother with insincerity in your heart? You'll hear nothing (in my opinion). God has the final word on whether He responds to you or not if you ask with no sincerity in your asking.

I can only tell you that I am not the same, as I said, not PERFECTED, just changed. It's easy for me to believe, it takes no effort the further along you get. The mysteries of why and how unfold countless times on scenarios that you couldn't make sense of before.

The Bible does say that spiritual matters are spiritually discerned, and that the gospel is foolishness to those that are perishing. In other words, it is perfectly normal and expected for the gospel to sound like garbage, until that blessed day when you receive your sight for the first time. Like I said, for me, it's been about 15 years ago.

LOL