Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Jesus has the same problem as Muhammad, no secular contemporary references to him. Jesus is references in a single copy of Tacitus and that's been proven to be a medieval insertion. The next earliest secular reference to him is something like 180 years after his supposed life, years after the New Testiment books were circulating for decades. Likewise, Muhammad wasn't praised or mentioned in a single military dispatch during the Arab conquest of North Africa, with his first non-Koranic reference appearing about 120 years after his supposed death.

In both instances, the "contemporary" references, arenot contemporary.

As,

You, and DD as well, are choosing to ignore centuries of scholarship and history. Just more examples of blind faith amongst the head in sand types. You see, it seems that TRUTH does not matter to you and will quickly THROW it out if it does not meet your particular opinion. I repeat, to deny the historicity of Jesus is not only silly but reveals a disingenuous view of fact. Not unlike what you accuse others of being.

Like "scientists" who will support "bad science" because have not the backbone to stand for the truth and desperately desire to keep their careers going. They accept and even embrace the censorship of truth.

So, AS and DD, come back with some more info denying the historicity of Jesus. You may also be Krauss fanboys as well. Care to stock up for him again?

As you say, still laffin.

TF

btw, I had never cared much for Stephen Colbert but he sure put Krauss on the spot. Those who may have missed it need to google it or look back a couple of pages.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”