Originally Posted by Ringman

This morning I decided to do a little checking on BING to see if I could find something about the earth's magnetic field by someone I respect more than an internet blogger. I found the following. This is just the first paragraph of his paper.

Second, contrary to his hypothesis, there is no exponential decay:

"The Earth�s Magnetic Field is Still Losing Energy
D. Russell Humphreys
CRSQ Vol 39 No 1 pp 1-11 June 2002
ABSTRACT
This paper closes a loophole in the case for a young earth based on the loss of energy from various parts of the earth�s magnetic field. Using ambiguous 1967 data, evolutionists had claimed that energy gains in minor (�non-dipole�) parts compensate for the energy loss from the main (�dipole�) part. However, nobody seems to have checked that claim with newer, more accurate data. Using data from the International Geomagnetic Reference Field (IGRF) I show that from 1970 to 2000, the dipole part of the field steadily lost 235 � 5 billion megajoules of energy, while the non-dipole part gained only 129 � 8 billion megajoules. Over that 30-year period, the net loss of energy from all observable parts of the field was 1.41 � 0.16 %. At that rate, the field would lose half its energy every 1465 � 166 years. Combined with my 1990 theory explaining reversals of polarity during the Genesis Flood and intensity fluctuations after that, these new data support the creationist model: the field has rapidly and continuously lost energy ever since God created it about 6,000 years ago."

Published in the Creation Research Society Quarterly. I notice his article wasn't published in a reputable journal.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell