Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
One of the interesting and extremely compelling evidences for the veracity of the gospel is the 12 disciples lives. Take a bunch of riff raff, show them God, watch them die trying to tell everyone they know about it.

As much as I like a person, to give up my profession, preach his message, and ultimately die swearing to the truth of his message and identity?!! There must have been some VERY compelling things happening for them to make this stand. They weren't simply mocked and laughed at, like happens here if you're a christian, they were murdered, slowly and as painfully as possible.

If Jesus was a liar and a lunatic, why did they give their life for him? Would you have? Why would anyone give even a second glance or a snide comment to a fool?

That's some of the least compelling evidence that Christ was the son of God.

Look at modern day cults, the [bleep]' whack jobs that lead them, and the born losers that follow.

Peter couldn't even fish worth a schit.

Travis

Sure, that's a knee jerk thought I can relate to.

The big problem is, when the leader of these cults dies or gets whacked, the following dies then or soon thereafter.
The gospel truly has a life of it's own, or should I say the life of God in it. Otherwise, it would have died out like the cults you mention.
You have to consider that this is still very serious business, and is ongoing, 2000 years after Jesus Christ walked the earth! What lasts 2000 years my friend?
Not even a fine Sako rifle in 221 Fireball will make it 200 years. grin At least not with it's original barrel.

I believe that the explanation for the longevity of Islam (and others as well) is that it is fueled by another supernatural being we know as the enemy of man and God.
The path leading to salvation and God is narrow, the path to destruction is wide, and many will pass through it. Sounds like it doesn't matter to Satan if you're a Hindu, a Buddhist, an atheist, or an orange peel as long as you're not a believer in Jesus Christ.

Ever wonder why rockstars sing about Satanic things? Why does everyone have a rabid hatred for Jews, God's chosen people?

Listen to the lyrics of this song by Alice in Chains and ask yourself why the need to say the "Jesus Christ, deny your maker" lyrics? Why inject those particular lyrics in a popular rock song?

It's a spiritual battle, and we are on the battlefield. The blind need sight, so ask, and it will be given to you.

LOL