Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Ringman
BRISTECD,

You would be surprised what fanatical Bible student I have been. I was a cutterhead builder for most of my working life. I worked in the wood industry sharpening knives for machines. Normally I worked alone in the grinding room. Over about three decades I wore out three cassette tape players listening to the New Testament. Just a few years ago my mind was still sharp enough if you read a chapter from the New Testament I could tell you which one it was. Often I could get it if you read only a verse.

At home I had a concordance, a couple sets of commentaries and at least four Greek language books as well as a very large Bible dictionary to help me. While my kids were growing up I got rid of the television and read to them in the evening. At the church where I attended during those years the pastor consulted me often about Scriptural subjects. I didn�t get spoon fed. I was the one doing the feeding.

Like Regan said, "It's not that they're ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so."

Good grief Ringman you are one scary dude.

Nah, he ain't scary.

He has his convictions and that's OK.

You want to talk scary..??

Try those ISIS dudes in Syria and Iraq. Now, that's scary...!!

Ringman won't cut yo head off with a finely honed Damascus blade... shocked

DF

People with those kinds of convictions scare the crap out of me. Those kinds of convictions lead to inquisitions and burning at the stake.

Sleep lite, keep your powder dry and your gun loaded.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude