Originally Posted by victoro
I agree with everything you've posted on this thread. I've found that trying to reason with a fundamentalist Christian is like trying to reason with a Democrat. My barber is a nice enough guy but he's always talking about his Christian beliefs and quoting Bible scripture. I usually just don't respond and try to ignore him. This past Thursday I got a haircut and I was the only one there. He's a real friendly guy and we talk about a lot of different things (but not about religion). I mentioned that I had watched some documentaries about the Neanderthals. I told him that scientists and had finally figured out the Neanderthals genetic makeup (gnome?) and when they compared it to a huge data base that has the genetics of over 10,000 people of all races they found that almost every modern day human has some Neanderthal DNA, some up to 5%. When I got through talking he informed me he was a creationist and that the Neanderthals never existed. He said that all the caveman and dinosaur bones were made by modern man and buried by non-believers to try to prove the theory of evolution. Another customer came in so I said let's talk about something else.

Thanks Victoro, I appreciate the compliment. You are right, it's about impossible to chance the mind of a true YEC, but it's sure fun to see the absurdities they will attempt to convince themselves they are right. In the end, letting the undecided hear the YEC's in their own words is the best way to bring a thinking person to our side.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell