I agree with everything you've posted on this thread. I've found that trying to reason with a fundamentalist Christian is like trying to reason with a Democrat. My barber is a nice enough guy but he's always talking about his Christian beliefs and quoting Bible scripture. I usually just don't respond and try to ignore him. This past Thursday I got a haircut and I was the only one there. He's a real friendly guy and we talk about a lot of different things (but not about religion). I mentioned that I had watched some documentaries about the Neanderthals. I told him that scientists and had finally figured out the Neanderthals genetic makeup (gnome?) and when they compared it to a huge data base that has the genetics of over 10,000 people of all races they found that almost every modern day human has some Neanderthal DNA, some up to 5%. When I got through talking he informed me he was a creationist and that the Neanderthals never existed. He said that all the caveman and dinosaur bones were made by modern man and buried by non-believers to try to prove the theory of evolution. Another customer came in so I said let's talk about something else.

Last edited by victoro; 07/26/14.