Originally Posted by billhilly
Try living buy the literal interpretation of morality laws in any of the ancient holy books and see how long you stay out of prison.

I've done pretty well staying out of jail so far for going on 50 years following Christ. But I don't take for granted that it will always be that way. If I live as long as my Dad, I've got about 30 more years. Given the current rate of degeneration in the U.S. things could get interesting before I check out. I suspect the direction we as a nation take after the next economic collapse will be telling.

If they had the power, Richard Dawkins and his disciples would probably lock me up (or worse) today. Some atheists apparently are getting pretty militant these days. Over my lifetime, I've only really known a couple very well and their attitude was if you wanna believe your crap fine, knock yourself out, I ain't buying it. One was perfectly fine with her kids investigating and choosing faith on their own...I guess you could say she was "pro-choice'. I never got the feeling from them that they perceived me or people like me as a "threat to their nation and their children" otherwise friendship would likely have been impossible. When you get to that point, the next logical step is to eliminate the threat....so like I said, I guess we will see.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn