Mr Sniper. Good morning to you.

Upon awakening this morning I remembered the opening to a story I am writing, maybe it is a book, but either way it expresses my view on the beginning of the earth and life.

IN THE BEGINNING

GENESIS 1: 1-12
1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. 3. Then God said, "Let there be light "; and there was light. 4. God saw that the light was good ; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5. God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. 6. Then God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters." 7. God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse ; and it was so. 8. God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. 9. Then God said, "Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear "; and it was so. 10. God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas ; and God saw that it was good. 11. Then God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation : plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them"; and it was so. 12. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind ; and God saw that it was good.

The teller of this tale has no clue as to the exact number of days or just how God created the earth, nor does he care. It is enough to know the earth wasn't and then it was. The teller of this tale does have thoughts about what all went on in the process as it relates to the part of earth where he resides, that part now known as the Pacific Northwest on the Continent of North America.

It must have been one wild ride. There is evidence of vast inland lakes that are now long gone. There are multiple mountain ranges and deep canyons, some scoured by water and others seem to have been created by violent splits in the earths crust or perhaps formed by the finger of God. There are volcanoes that have spewed forth ash and lava from deep within the earth's core, sometimes bringing various other minerals and elements along for the ride. There is also evidence of ancient rivers that are no more. The teller of this tale does not think it would have been fun to live here when all this took place, but he takes great joy in the beauty and splendor of what is there now.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!