Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I know you're not; just speaking out of not knowing. Your premise is wrong. Get back to me if interested.

Actually, my premise is dead on. When comparing the legends and myths of the Bible with the above mentioned places and let's also throw in the Roman and Greek legends and myths and it becomes very uncanny.

I know for people who believe the Bible is the true Word of a God it's impossible to come to grips that the Judeo Christian legends and myths actually came from earlier religions but unfortunately for Christians it's true.

The Monotheism of the Bible was the first belief system; all others that came down the chronological line were aberrations or corruptions of it. This includes all mythologies and is why many cultures have some sort of god or gods, "a flood story", and other reminiscences of what were originally Biblical occurrences/stories in them.

As ancient populations diverged and the original truths and faith were lost there were still remnants of Biblical truth, though corrupted, retained in their storied pasts, because all people groups had this common origin.

And what standard(s) are you using to declare the Bible myth and legend? If you use the usual, contemporary culture of unbelief, you are guilty of circular reasoning, starting with unbelief and thereby declaring it untrue. In your post above, you have historical chronology all mixed up in regards to religion, myths and legends.

On the other hand, Just two examples verifying scriptural personages and places include the secular, Jewish historian Josephus who has mentioned many Biblical Characters including Jesus in his histories. The second would be Middle East archeology which has not uncovered or discovered any ancient fact or artifact that has disproved any Biblical location, person or event; in fact, the opposite is true, verifying Biblical occurrences and locations. I'll add a third--the Dead Sea Scrolls--which when discovered showed our contemporary Biblical versions to be 99% accurate to the books discovered, and the miscues were in punctuation, not doctrinal statements.

I could go on from science and philosophy from an apologetic approach (here "apologetic" means a "defense" or argument "for").

No, those who refute the Bible as God's word do so not after carefully examining all the evidence objectively, but only because they've decided to not believe first.

I hate to be barer of bad news but the other legends and mythologies came before the Old Testament and even the New Testament. Monotheism came from one of the earlier Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt who's name escapes me at the moment but you can look it up if you are interested but of courser you are not. Judaism is an ancient Egypt religion. After all the Jews were a tribe of Egypt.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude