Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by shrapnel

3 things killing Christianity today

Intellectualism
Feminism
Homosexuality

True, but you forgot a few. Among them, cultural accommodation.

Steve.

You can also add dogmatic science.

Fixed it for you. It's not science that is opposed to Christianity. It's dogmatic science that considers something settled when it's not proven. Funny how virtually all the pioneers in science were Christian believers. That's why theology was once viewed as "queen of the sciences." They viewed science as faith seeking understanding. The Swiss theologian Karl Barth borrowed that idea and defined theology that way. I actually can't think of any Christians I know who are afraid of science.

Steve.

It is Science that's pushed the God of the Gaps into a smaller and smaller space.

As for Scientist being Christian, The Enlightenment stood on the shoulders of Muslims, who'd translated and studies the ancient Greek Polytheist Philosophers. In addition when you live in the world of the Inquisition, to be other then Christian is to risk death.

To assert a Christian root for science during a time when Heretics were burned at the stake is not very convincing. As for Christians not being afraid of Science, then why, according to a 2005 Gallop poll are 30% of Americans upset that evolution is taught in school?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/15/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell