Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by efw
Yep and the presence of those laws (and your certainty that they may be relied upon) all point to the existence of some author; perhaps not directly to the God of Christianity, but at least to some uncaused first cause.

Not at all. By presupposing a creator, all you've done is fall into the infinite regression of creator creators, and in the process you have explained nothing.

There is NO proof, non whatsoever. As a Christian I am fine with that and understand it. God did not leave clear cut proof because He wanted people to come to Him by faith. This is my belief. You are entitled to disagree. It does not bother me one bit if you believe I am wrong just as it should not bother you that I believe you are wrong. There is no way to settle this in this life.

I would like to point out that if you are right and I am wrong neither us us has been hurt. I have just lived my life trying to live by a creed that was false. I did not hurt one single person by my beliefs. If however I am right and you are wrong the consequences would be different.

You will never change my mind and I will never attempt to beat my beliefs into you. I am willing to let go and chalk it up as something we may never agree on and get on with living life. Are you willing to do the same?

Scott, I enjoy the pursuit of truth and, if I have the time available, will not shrink from these debates when offered. Despite the fact that we disagree on this one proposition, there is probably very little else where we significantly disagree. I respect how you live by your principle and use your land to teach and benefit other.

I've always considered you well intentioned, however, I find it interesting that you inadvertently quoted the Church's justification for burning Heretics at the stake. Yours is an interesting twist on Pascals Wager. Instead of threatening the eternal soul of the non-believer, you beg them to self-sensor out of fear they may cause someone to become an apostate and serve an eternity in Hell. It was for this theological reason the Catholic Church burned Heretics. So are you sure your belief that non-believers speaking their mind is harmful has never harmed anyone?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell