Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Why bother? You don't have to believe anything. If it's so foolish why waste your time?

That's all you've got left?
An attempt to discourage and get rid of the opposing point of view?
It's OK for proselytizing to be worth your while, but because my view point is different, it shouldn't be worth my time to express an opposing view point?

Really?

Let me ask you this , and I'm being sincere. What is your motivation to win the argument? It's obvious that Christians would like to see others saved. I'll concede that some are judgmental and self righteous, but let's set that aside for a moment and assume that the Christian honestly wants to help someone to be saved and live a better life while at the same time avoiding eternal damnation in Hell.

So that leavs us with why it matters to you. The Christians are happy and aren't hurting anyone , so why argue against them? If as you say there is no God, then what does it matter if they hold a belief that says to love other people and do good toward them, even if it is in the name of God?

Now I'm not trying to pick on you personally, because I think you are sincere in your doubt, but from a Christian viewpoint, there can only be one reason for your vehement desire to try your best to undermine any and all Christian threads. Whether you know it or acknowledge it, you have become a tool of the enemy.

Now that doesn't make me hate you, many have been tools of the enemy, even wearing the name of Christian. I just want you to honestly examine yourself and find the root of your desire to undermine Christian views. Why rail against someone that does not exist? The very importance of God in your life should be proof of his existence. Now, don't tell me God isn't important to you, because any Christian thread is irresistible to you.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 07/15/14.