Originally Posted by cnyarcher
Hey guys , Anyone making a compact(18-20" barrel) centerfire with removable magazine? Thanks!

Ruger Scout.

Mine has a 16.1" barrel but they offer 18". Wouldn't trade mine for an 18-incher as I like the more compact version but to each their own.

Finally finished load development with mine, took the scope off and remounted the factory peep. Got 3-round and 5-round synthetic mags for it, which fit better, are quieter and suit my needs better.

Yes, it loses anywhere from 100-180fps compared to 22" barrels. I didn't buy it for long range but it loves 130g TTSX and flings them out at 2868fps with CFE223 and 150g BT run 2699fps with Varget. 208g A-MAX hit 2296 with Varget. These suit my needs as I won't be shooting past 300 with the peep.

mine has the laminate stock but i plan to call Ruger and see what a synthetic would cost me now that they are offered.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.