The big ol' rams tend to be pretty tough.

The ewes such as the one in the pix are great mixed with pork in sausage. I have it made into fully cooked smoked links, Jalepeno cheese, garlic and traditional.

[Linked Image]

Jalepeno cheese Summer Sausage made out of Aoudad/Pork is lip-smackin' good.

As to the straps, I had left my adjustable bungees that I usually use back at camp. I keep a tow strap in my ATV for emergencies. I weigh 185 lbs. The heaviest animal I've loaded unaided was a 182 lb (live weight) axis. In this case this ewe was on the opposite hillside just over 300 yds. She weighed +/- 125 lbs. I wrapped the strap around her horns and drug her down the hillside, and across a creekbed, loaded her and tied her down. The terrain is quite rough and rocky.

[Linked Image]

It's about a half mile to the road and if a critter is not tied down securely it will slip off and have to be reloaded.

[Linked Image]

As I age certain types of "reloads" become not so simple.

For good or bad, we hunt a 1,700 acre pasture out of a 55,000 acre ranch. It is private land and I almost never see a soul while I'm there. I do wear a green headlight going in and coming out. Seems most critters of any size don't wear headlamps.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.