[Linked Image]

Stick can you help me set up my next project properly? The rifle in question is a M788 in .30-30. Would an EGW 20 MOA base be the right call, or shim some Double D's for more cant? I'm thinking the 1-4 SS would be a better option on this particular rifle, but I'd really like to know what you think? What's the maximum POA/POI and subtension latitude I can pull off with 155 grain A-Max or Scenar with a case full of Lever at 2500 fps? I don't think I'll make 2000 yards but a mile should be easy between erector travel and the windshield.

According to JBM 155 A-Maxes @ 2500 fps isn't giving up much to your X45 and 105's the Lapua's even less. I already have the rifle handy and it thinks it's a varmint rifle, and it'll cut down on build time. I'm thinking I can order up a new scope, scope mount, rings, and the components. Then run a false shoulder, kiss the lands, find pressure, and rock on/whatever gets me closest to 2500 fps. I think we could be legendary together with our rifles in no time at all, what do you think?

Last edited by taylorce1; 12/04/15.