Lets see,

I've loaded for 6 different 17's. That one is a 17 Fireball.

My go to load in the past has been 18 gr. of Reloader 10x over a 20 gr. Hornady VMax at 1.810 oal. in the Remington model 7 Predator, with excellent results.

[Linked Image]

This is a Remington 700 VSF in 17 fireball. Here is a load it seems to like with the 23gr. Woodchuck Den Gold., 2015-BR powder and a1.805 OAL 3 shots, 100 yds. Not the highest velocity, but pretty good in the accuracy dept.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Night hunting is a ball, and can be done on the cheap. If you get the opportunity, pick up something like the Elusive Wildlife Technology XLR 250, or the Wicked Light 402. They flat work.

[Linked Image]

Recently upgraded to the 402 with variable rheostat for illumination and telescoping lens. Rather than be at full intensity and have to come down on a critter, one can turn the intensity/brightness all the way down, hold on a critter then turn the knob and increase the illumination gradually. Even though the green light is not supposed to spook critters, it does in my experience. I've tried this new iteration a several times now and it works great.

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wic...-red-led-for-predator-hog-night-hunting/

Best
GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.