Well Stick I wasn't trying to quote you word for word when I mentioned headstamps, or I would have. As far as when you call out people for screwing up blueprints I have to chuckle. As when I use this famous quote "Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess." I just wonder the cost of that luxury was, before you evolved out of your .257 obsession?

How many times did you blueprint a rifle based on that caliber? I mean the 105 A-Max was out long before you quit guessing on the quarter bore, what took you so long to change? You've made your share of mistakes, and it's apparent how you "afforded luxury" by spending money on your mistakes.

It isn't like you never had a bad idea in that head of yours. I just happen to agree the 105 A-Max is a great bullet in this application on a .378" case head. Though you didn't need my couch sitting ass's approval, now did you?

Sure do have pictures of my Salvage rocking a factory Tupperware stock, Reupold scope VXII 4-12, and Warne rings and bases. Laugh all you want, as I'm not seeking your approval on any of my rifles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice thing about a Salvage is I can be out my back door shooting a new barrel 10 minutes after the brown truck drops it off, since I can spin my own tubes on. This gives me a good idea if there is something worth pursuing without a huge investment.