Originally Posted by DLSguide
Sounds good, if you get one that shoots. Lots of bad reports on Kimber rifles.. Seems like there are more bad ones than good. Good luck.

I've offered to buy those "terrible shooters" in alibers I'm interested in many times on this forum for a fair price for a "terrible non-shooting rifle" and the owners seem to never want to get rid of them, or they want to sell at "as new in box" prices. Think about it... I put my money where others mouths are and they wouldn't follow through. It tells your the story on it's own.

Light rifles like the montanas, adirondacks, and mountain ascents have some kick even in calibers like 308, they also are designed to kill critters in rough conditions after being toted for a long time. They aren't benchrest guns, and tehy aren't built to choot tiny groups. But with good technique and patience at the bench and a good ammo combination they willl shoot 1" 5-shot groups alll day long. It just might take you all day to let the barrel cool between shots.

;]

All 6 of my Kimbers shoot MOA or better, and most of them have pretty low power scopes. I've got new production, guns and guns dating abck to 2004 in both 84M, 84L and 8400 (short action) Actions. They all weigh less than other guns designed to do the same thing, and they bite a little bit on the back end, but they work perfectly for my needs in their intended direction.